As far as fuel tanks are concerned, all vehicles that need fuel have fuel tanks, and small concrete mixers in special vehicles are no exception. In order to prevent the fuel in the fuel tank from splashing out due to vibration, the loss of fuel vapor and the entry of external dust, the fuel tanks are covered and sealed. But do you find that there is a small air hole on the fuel tank? What is the role of this air hole?
The closed fuel tank will form a certain degree of vacuum due to the consumption of fuel, resulting in the loss of oil suction capacity of the pump; When the temperature in the fuel tank is high, the fuel volatilization will increase the pressure inside the fuel tank, resulting in the imbalance of air pressure. Where are the ventilation holes of the fuel tank generally installed?
1. Installed on the valve inside the oil tank cap: it can be opened and closed automatically to balance the internal and external air pressure.
2. It is installed on the key hole valve of the fuel tank: it is common on older models.
3. Air vent outside the fuel tank: most commercial vehicles nowadays reserve air vent at the top of the fuel tank to facilitate air blowing inspection, such as concrete mixer, truck mounted crane, etc.
Therefore, if the fuel tank cap of your special vehicle has a vent hole, once the fuel tank cap is lost, do not seal the fuel tank opening at will, ignoring the ventilation. There was once a card user who forgot to open the fuel filler when he was discharging fuel to his car, which led to the fuel tank being sucked in. This is the real lesson. I hope you can pay attention to it.
Blocking the vent hole of the fuel tank will not only cause the fuel tank to shrink, but also cause the fuel pump to be unable to extract fuel, resulting in flameout, insufficient power or difficulty in starting the hot engine. In severe cases, it will also lead to deformation and fracture of the fuel tank, resulting in fuel leakage, fire and explosion.
Now let's talk about how to prevent the tank vent of small concrete mixer from clogging:
1. Check the vent frequently to prevent problems.
2. During refueling, pay attention to the air flow sound when the fuel tank cap is opened. One is the air out sound, which is normal, and the other is the air suction sound. At this time, it should be noted that the pressure in the fuel tank may be lower than the external pressure, and the fuel tank vent may be blocked.
3. For the iron vent, it is easy to wrap it with a screen. If the vent is a plastic hose, turn its mouth down to avoid blockage.
It can be seen from the above that the role of the fuel tank vent is still very big. You must pay more attention to the fuel tank vent of your car at ordinary times. More related implementations come to our website Consult!